Papilloma

What could be the painless bump on tongue with occasional bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump on my tongue which has been present for approximately five weeks. It is painless, however, it has bled a couple of times (mostly in the middle of the night, I wake up and feel like I have bitten it). Can I upload photos? It is about 2-3 mm in diamater, round, has not gro...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the images (attachment removed ot protect patient identity). The lesion appears to be a simple papilloma. It is a benign lesion and can be treated by simple excision. The excised specimen can be sent for histopathological examination which will give a c...  Read Full »

I have papilloma in tonsil and I am in quarantine period for Coronavirus. What should I do now?

Query: Hello doctor, After going to a medical check up a few days ago, a doctor notified me I had a papilloma in my tonsil. I am a 28-year-old male otherwise healthy. I had been having an itch like feeling in my throat and some inconsistent feeling when swallowing or in-ear pressure. I cannot go to a doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see that this is not an emergency. Use antihistamine to overcome the itching sensation. Use nasal decongestant drops twice daily for five days when lying down on your back to relieve the ear pressure sensation. Also, chewing gum can help. After ending the quarantine ...  Read Full »

What is the tag like structure near frenum under the tongue?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a small tag like structure near frenulum on one out of two ducts which goes on both sides under the tongue. Kindly have a close look and advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the lesion looks like either the after effect of an injury to the duct or salivary gland stone or a papilloma. Nothing to worry. This can be removed by surgical excision of the lesion. After that send the...  Read Full »