Q. Is it possible to get weird breakout around chin due to change in diet?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 29, 2019

Just recently I have noticed some weird breakouts around my chin area. I am not sure when they started. While I do from time to time experience acne, I do not think what I am experiencing on my chin is not an acne breakout. Because there is no white head or black head present. They are not popable. The only change in my diet is I have been enjoying an occassional glasses of wine after dinner. I have also started eating mozzarella cheese, which I have not eaten before. Thinking that it was perhaps linked to hormones. I have restarted birth control three days ago after a 4 month hiatus. Please help.

#

Hi Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have reviewed the attached photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and according to me they are papular lesions of acne. They are not blackheads or whiteheads.

I would recommend you to continue with the birth control pill besides applying Benzoyl peroxide 5 percent gel on the pimples twice daily.

Follow some tips to avoid pimples such as keep your face dry, avoid applying oily creams and moisturizers, avoid oiling of scalp, use cosmetics labelled as non-comedogenic and reduce the intake of sugary foods.

1. Hormonal disturbances.
2. Seborrhea.

Acne vulgaris.

|