Blackheads

How to clear the scars and blackheads present on the face?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 16 years old. I had acne on my face and took treatment for it. It got resolved. After a few months, it came back and I have lots of scars and blackheads on my face. Kindly suggest me. What can I do to get rid of acne? I have taken Fucicort, Isopearl, Acnelene, and some capsules and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history, you have taken many medications like Isotretinoin, Adapalene, Clindamycin, Fusidic acid, and Betamethasone cream. Among these creams, Betamethasone should never be applied on the face for acne. It can cause faring up of acne, thinning of skin,...  Read Full »

Please suggest a lotion or cream for my combination skin.

Query: my skin is combination skin, i have 2 questions. whats the best brand for face and body (2 in 1) lotions or creams what shall i use for my skin lotions or creams ? mine is combination, not acne prone, i have black heads, pores normal in size .  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.com Hope you are having a good day and staying safe 1) It is very important you follow a healthy skin routine for a healthy skin - start with cleansing your face with facewashes. use soap free cleansers like Cetaphil or CeraVe or D acne . Avoid foamy facewashes - If you ...  Read Full »

How can I permanently get rid of blackheads on nose and chin?

Query: Hello doctor, How do I permanently get rid of blackheads on my nose and chin?  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Blackheads (Comedones) are skin pores that get clogged. There are no definite treatment for a permanent cure from it although you can treat the present ones and also follow steps to prevent it. 2. If you have an oily skin, you are much more prone to developing b...  Read Full »

What causes blackheads and acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know why people have blackheads and when you try to remove it, it creates acne and blemishes on the cheeks and mouth area. It is concerning my skin on my face. I have been feeling insecure about my skin later due to the blemishes and acne on it. I get a lot of blackhea...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is related to sebaceous glands. Some individuals have acne prone skin in which normal follicles becomes clogged with keratin, sebum, organisms, etc., resulting in blackheads formation. When inflammation occurs blackheads convert to pimples and bigger pimples lea...  Read Full »

Green bump on the penis that has two black bumps on it. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, Green bump on the penis that has two black bumps on it, along with another black bump to the left. What do I do and what can I do about it?  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are comedones (blackheads). They are formed from clogged follicle of a particular area. They are not to be afraid of. So do not worry about them. One thing to remember is to not squeeze or push them because it will make them worse. There are creams that can exfoli...  Read Full »

What are the small painless bubbles on the arm?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these small painless bubbles on my arm for a long time now (almost two years). First, there were not much but now they are spreading all over my arm slowly. It makes me uncomfortable in wearing short sleeve clothes. Please help me.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These are comedo or blackheads (attachment removed to protect patient identity), are small bumps that appear on your skin due to clogged hair follicles. These bumps are due to the production of too much body oil, the buildup of the acne bacteria, irritation of the hair...  Read Full »

How to clear my skin without blackheads?

Query: Hi doctor, I have trouble with acne. I wash my face every night, and I use a toner to balance my pH levels. I use moisturizer and face masks once in a while. When I wear makeup, I use the healthiest makeup with removing wipes, and nothing seems to be working. After using a toner, I am not getting ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blackheads are needed to be extracted. There is a specific method available to remove them. If it is not performed correctly, it can lead to more inflammatory acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I would suggest you visit a dermatologist because comedones do no...  Read Full »

What homeopathic remedy can be used for acne, open pores, and blackheads?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old girl, suffering from a bad type of acne and dark color acne scars, oily skin, open pores, and blackheads for the past five years. I have regular menses and need suggestion with a good homeopathic remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Take neem leaves if available nearby you and make a paste of it after crushing them and add a pinch of turmeric powder in it and apply this paste on your face and wash with normal water after fifteen minutes. Use it regularly or on alternate d...  Read Full »

I am having underarm darkness and blackheads for many years. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor,I am having underarm darkness and blackheads for many years. I did not consult a dermatologist for this but when enquired about electrolysis I was told it will take at least 10 sessions monthly for each. I will be going abroad in three months. So I would like to know what works best as ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can consider laser hair reduction treatment with a diode laser. It helps to reduce prominent hair follicle which looks like blackheads to you. For pigmentation, you can start application of Kojiglow gel twice daily. Of course, peel give faster and better results for...  Read Full »