Q. How can I get rid of chicken-pox scars?

Answered by Dr. and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Chickenpox or Management Of Acne? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 18 years old. I had chicken pox before one and a half month. After the chicken box was gone, I had some scars. So I went to a dermatologist to give me a medicine to clear the scars, he gave me new gel E. I had some pimples on my forehead so he advised and wrote for me a face wash and an antibiotic and a day lotion and a night lotion. So, in the first five days I started using these, small pimples appeared in my cheek beside my nose and mouth so I stopped the medicines because I never had such thing and now there is like 10 of small pimples on my right cheek beside my mouth, what shall I do to get rid of them? What is the best medicine to get rid of scars (pimples and chicken pox scars)? Shall I stop from eating some kind of food to get rid of the pimples? Does dairies affect pimples? Is there a diet that would help me? It is really embarrassing and I become stressful from it.