Q. Kindly advice about the diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia.

Published on Jun 15, 2019

I am concerned about my friends medical diagnosis about paranoid schizophrenia is fabricated by him and resulting in unnecessary medication. Kindly advice.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

The diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia is not easy. Proper evaluation by a psychiatrist is needed to make the final diagnosis. The individuals with schizophrenia show symptoms like hearing voices talking or voices are giving commentary, suspiciousness against anyone or even family members, ideas of prosecution, ideas of reference, etc. These should be present persistently, and in usual cases, there is no insight about the symptoms. It is the family and friends who take the patient for evaluation and not the patient he or herself visits the doctor for a diagnosis.

Yes, depression or anxiety can be the possibilities, but these too should be evaluated. Symptoms of depression like low mood, anhedonia, reduced energy, fatigue, negative thoughts, bad thoughts, lack of surety about future, feelings of helplessness, worthlessness or hopelessness, etc. are seen.If he has doubts about his symptoms, he should be evaluated by a psychiatrist.

| 

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article

Please help me cure my husband's behavior issues.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and my husband is 40 years old. We got married before nine months. My husband has been suffering from psychosis since two years, but I came to know this only after marriage. He is using Arpit 10 mg and Dyskinil. I just wanted to know about his health condition. He left...  Read Full »