Q. Which form of Paroxetine hydrochloride is the best?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 18, 2020

I was diagnosed with depression, OCD and anxiety. My current medications are Paroxetine hydrochloride hemihydrate and Clonazepam. I would like to know if Paroxetine hydrochloride formulation is the same as Paroxetine hydrochloride hemihydrate.

#

• There is a little chemical variation. But, the dose will remain the same in both the formulation.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Which one is better? Do absorption and stability vary from one to another?

#

• Paroxetine hydrochloride hemihydrate is a commonly used form of Paroxetine hydrochloride. It is a stable form.
  • Paroxetine anhydrous is another form of Paroxetine hydrochloride. So, you can use this hemihydrate form.

|