Q. What is the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am looking into a career in child psychiatry, but cannot really understand the difference between what a child psychologist would be doing and what a child psychiatrist would be doing. Any child psychiatrists out here who can give me some information?

#

• A child psychiatrist is a psychiatrist who is a medical doctor and treats patients of child psychiatry by pharmacological and non-pharmacological means. They are specialists and gain specialization after attaining a medical graduate degree.
  • A child psychologist is a specialist who is not a medical doctor. They assess the patients and try to treat patients by non-pharmacological methods like behavior therapy or psychotherapy.

For further queries consult a psychiatrist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

Bedwetting Homeopathy Treatment

Article Overview: Bedwetting can be cured naturally with homeopathy without disturbing the endocrine system. The treatment aims at reducing anxiety in the child which is the root cause of bedwetting. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

When Does Bedwetting Become a Problem? Bedwetting is common before the age of 7 years and is not a major concern as, before the age of 7, the child does not have control over the bladder. But, if bedwetting continues after the age of 7, it is considered a problem. In that case, parents are advised ...  Read Article

My husband behaves weirdly in the bedroom. What is wrong with him?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married six months ago. My husband behaves weirdly in the bedroom. And he is using psychiatric medicine. Those are Limbitrol, Flutop 60, Prolol TR 40, Ventab plus from three months and Sildenafil too, but it is not effective.He keeps locking himself, avoids me, washing things re...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»