Q. How to prevent OHSS in PCOS case?

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2020

I am a 20 year old married female. I have PCOS and my husband has azoospermia. I would like to go for IVF. I have heard about OHSS in PCOS patients. Please suggest what to do.

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Firstly, I am sorry to learn about your situation. I would advise you to keep your head up and not be sad. Everything will be fine in the end.

Coming to OHSS (ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome), yes, it is true. PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome patients have a higher chance for it.

However, at the time of egg stimulation in your IVF cycle (in vitro fertilization), your doctor will monitor the egg growth and adjust your injection doses accordingly. So, OHSS is prevented.

If you are overweight, then please try to lose weight. Please speak to your doctor before starting IVF and explain your concerns. So, she or he is aware that you are aware of OHSS and will take stringent care.

Be aware that despite the doctor's best efforts, sometimes a mild degree of OHSS can happen and it is nothing major.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|