Q. I am having PCOS, and trying to conceive for eight months. What is the treatment?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Pcos or Clomid? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am 33 years old. I have been trying to conceive for eight months from now. I have monthly periods and positive OPKs and BBT shifts, but periods are also very light, basically spotting. I had an Ultrasound which showed a few cysts, had mildly elevated testosterone, normal LH and FSH, normal estrogen, low progesterone. My PCP is not convinced. I have PCOS but I am wondering if that is still a possibility and what I should anticipate for treatment in the future (clomid vs. progesterone therapy, etc.)?