Q. Is it good to do PCR test for COVID-19 before having a transit?

Dr. J. N. Naidu

I just have questions regarding PCR test. I will be flying out soon and will have a transit and stay the night before continue to my last destination. But due to conditions after the first test before flying I still need to go out and meet people. I am concerned and would like to have another test while transiting-before my second flight. First and second test will have 4/5 days apart from each other. Is it okay? or what’s the best thing to do about the transits? Thank You

#

Hi welcome to icliniq.com

I understand your anxiety. Appreciate that it takes sometime for the virus after it enters humanbody to multiply and cause disease symptoms like dry cough, sore muscles, fever, loss of taste,smell etc. This is called incubation period. Incubation period for covid 19 is 6 to 14 days generally.In 4/5 days getting PCR test repeated may not give much information. Best thing you can do at transit is 1.Follow all precautions--mask,maintaining physical distance,sanitiser use or using gloves- these precautions should be followed scrupulously. 2.If you have fever, cough, diarrhea,loss of smell or taste during transit period --- then you get PCR test done . If you are symptom free--PCR is not needed. wish you all the best

|