Pcr

I have recurrent iridocyclitis. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from iridocyclitis in my right eye since last six months. Every time when I stop my Pred Forte eye drops, it recurs after one month, till now it has recurred three times. I have tested for TB, anti-nuclear antibodies, anti-CCP antibodies, HLAB27 all are negative. But ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Well firstly iridocyclitis (anterior uveitis) is mostly an autoimmune problem. We can only find a definite cause in 30 percent cases. So, when it is a single episode...  Read Full »

I have muscle pain near the chest inspite of having medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have muscle pain near the chest. I am having muscle pain near the chest from the last two to three months. I have done all the cardiac tests, and it is fine, then I consulted a rheumatologist, and she suggested some tests and medicine. It has been a month, and I am still having some p...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, and you have peripheral arthritis due to HLA-B27 positive. Your chest pain is due to enthesitis, and please feel free to query me in this regard. If your HLA-B27 positive by PCR (polymerization chain reaction), because that is a condition which can gi...  Read Full »

Can Levaquin be used for gonorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I did IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2 after four months of possible exposure, which was negative. Is it conclusive? Is there any need to do IgM test? If IgG is negative, can I consider that I am not infected?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The time required for IgG (immunoglobulin G) antibodies to develop after the exposure to HSV (herpes simplex virus) is usually 21 to 42 days. A negative HSV IgG means that you have probably not been exposed to HSV. HSV IgM (immunoglobulin M) will tell whether you have ...  Read Full »

How reliable is the tri-dot test?

Query: Hi doctor, I was suffering from extreme fatigue last month, so I got a Widal test, which was positive. I have had typhoid many times earlier, and two years back I got hepatitis. Last month I got LFT and CBC tests, and I am attaching the reports. LFT was normal, while CBC shows lymphopenia and macro...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had seen the reports that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your CBC (complete blood count) reports, neutrophils are very high and lymphocytes count is low, which is suggestive of some acute infection in the body. Here, as the lymp...  Read Full »

I have a strong, and persistent twitching in my left calf. Is this a severe neurological condition?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had strong, persistent twitching in my left calf for over a week, sometimes with intermittent twitching in thigh, foot and buttock of the same leg. I am very concerned about this. I had a neurological exam (strength and reflex testing) at my GP, and he said all looked normal or...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that the twitching in this calf could be related to a twisted muscle or a pinched nerve (considering the straining physical activity that you have been doing lately and the falling). I would recommend perform...  Read Full »

My HSV 1 IgG value is 49.20. Does it mean the infection is a recent one?

Query: Hello doctor, I took an STD panel test and got a positive result for HSV-1 IgG Ab test. My result was 49.20, but the reference range was 0.91 for negative and anything over 1.09 as positive. Does my 49.20 mean the infection is a very recent one because it is so high? I am confused about why it is s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HSV (herpes simplex virus) IgG (immunoglobulin G) antibodies indicate previous exposure and HSV IgM (immunoglobulin M) indicates current disease. The positive IgG can become significant only if you have active lesions. The type one usually causes oral lesions which ...  Read Full »

What does negative PCR and positive antigen tests for hepatitis C mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know your opinion. I have had two positive hepatitis C antigen tests and the doctor had a polymerase chain reaction test that was negative for hepatitis C. He said I was one of the lucky ones. He said he could repeat and I did and again negative. All blood was concerning liv...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had a history of laparotomy operation as a consequence of ruptured ectopic pregnancy. But none of the surgical management has been related to your low TSH level. TSH level can be altered in infective condition or sometimes temporary due to non-thyroid illness. I sug...  Read Full »

I have fatigue, increased saliva and throat pain months after unprotected sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with a sex worker three and a half months ago. Two months later, I started having ARS symptoms, fatigue, diarrhea, dizziness, sore throat, mouth ulcers. Just a day before that I had protected sex with a sex worker but my penis was not fully erect and did not inse...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

Family Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, HIV symptoms are non-specific and are common to most infection and are referred to as flu-like symptoms. HIV infection symptoms in the acute phase often go undetected and are self-healed without any active intervention due to an intact immune system. These sympto...  Read Full »

My HIV tests fall under false negative. Do I have HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, My ex-partner had HIV three years ago when I was along with him. But, he informed me regarding this very recently. He did not make me aware of his condition. We were not careful always. After getting to know, I checked on internet about its signs and symptoms and found that I had all o...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Out of nearly hundred person having sex with HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) positive person, hardly less than one may get infected. The chances of acquiring HIV after sexual exposure is less than one percent. I would suggest you to get HIV RT-PCR (real-time polym...  Read Full »

If I quit smoking, will my RBC, hemoglobin, and PCV levels come back to normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from hypertension since few years, and I am currently on medication Telmisartan. I am an alcoholic and smoker, and I smoke approximately 15 cigarettes a day for the last five years. My current CBC report suggests high RBC, hemoglobin, and PCV. Though it reduced slightly...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis is polycythemia. Polycythemia can be secondary or primary. Secondary polycythemia occurs because of hypoxia, which activates the oxygen sensor and more erythropoiet...  Read Full »