Q. Are Elisa, RNA PCR and Tri-Dot sufficient to rule out HIV?

Answered by Dr. Ramchandra Lamba and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Hiv Testing or Elisa Test? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had unprotected sex with a girl, but a sperm has not come because I was inactive as I have drunk. This happened last month. After 23 days, I had RNA PCR, and ELISA both came negative. Then after 7th week, I had antigen, antibody test, which came back negative. In the 10th week, I went for Elisa test 0.4, and it was non-reactive. After completion of the 11th week, I went for Tri-Dot and that also came negative. Should I wait for one week, or is it sufficient for me? Please help me to come out of this situation.