Q. I have swelling in one leg, and my urine is foamy. Please help.

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I discovered some pains in my flank some four months ago and I visited the hospital and scans were done on my liver and kidney in two different laboratories but nothing was determined so I was asked to do kidney fimction test. The results of creating them was 4.2 which I was told was high and urea was over 60 which was equally high. I was given cloprodogel and also started taking stc30 superlife supplement. The creatine level came down to 1.3 and urea to 30 after 2 months. But now my right leg is slightly swollen with some pains in the last one week. But I no longer have the flank and back pains which I was having for almost 3 months. I am not diabetic I am not hypertensive. But at times I experience frequent urination.

Swelling in one leg. Did urea creatinine test with the following results

Pottasium 4.5 lab range 4 to 5.5 Sodium 135 range 125 to 145 Chlorine 103 range 100 to 115 Urea 30 range 10 to 60. Creatinine 1.3 range 0.6 to 1.1 Total Cholesterol 125 Hdl 47.8 Ldl 75 Vldl 13 Triglyceride 65 Fasting blood sugar is 88.9

Am not on any medication yet but in the last 3 months my creatinine level has read 1.3 and my urine is foamy

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

Hello dear if renal failure is there means you will develop bilateral pedal edema. But unilateral edema may be due to gout or cellulitis or DVT. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Is it previous creatinine is high?? is it 4.2?? You have to rule out CKD, get it done ultrasound of both kidney, serum uric acid levels, ECG and colour doppler of lower limb. Use tablet lasix 40 mg once a day for three days. Review with reports or consult with your physician he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

|