Q. Is foamy urine a symptom of any disease?

Dr. Raj Parekh

I am a 21-year-old male with 60 kg weight and 5’6” in height. I had kidney stones two years back with gilbert syndrome. My urine is foamy most of the time from last 1.5 years like alcohol I wanted to know, is this a symptom of any disease?

#

Foamy urine can account to several causes like protein in urine or dehydration or urinary tract infection or diabetic infection in the kidney can also call cause foamy urine. We need to perform a few tests before we proceed to the diagnosis. With this, we will order some tests which will help us to reach diagnosis and also design treatment plan. Only advice is I can give you right now is to keep yourself hydrated and please do not forcefully try to stop urination.

CBC (complete blood count) with ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). Urine routine and microscopy
Liver function tests and renal function tests.

Follow up with reports or as and when required.

|