Q. My wife was diagnosed with GUTB and was tested positive for TB. After 2 months of fertility treatment, she complained of vomiting and giddiness.

Dr. Richa Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

My wife was diagnosed with GUTB (Genitourinary Tuberculosis) and was tested positive for TB PCR. HSG showed blocked fallopian tube whereas USG showed normal ovaries and uterus. After 9 months of ATT (Antitubercular Treatment) her fallopian tube opened during the HSG test. Thereafter doctor started giving her treatment to facilitate conceiving. After 2 months of treatment she complained of vomiting and giddiness. When we went to doctor, after clinical examination doctor diagnosed her PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease). She also got her periods delayed. What might be the reason for PID?

#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.

• Your wife is suffering from tuberculosis and it affects her fallopian tube.
  • Now she is suffering from PID, it may be because of tuberculosis or because of some other infection.
  • She feels nausea because of PID or because of drugs used in conception.
  • Please do not worry, consult a gynaecologist for PID treatment, period may be delayed because of PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease).
  • First treat her PID and then only go for treatment for conception.

Hope I have answered your query if you have further questions, get back to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|