Q. Having backache badly and vagina smelly discharge. Can you suggest any treatments?

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya
This is a premium question & answer published on May 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am sexually active with one partner only. I am not well for the last 4 months. I am having bad backache and a smelly, white thick sometimes brown color vaginal discharge, lower abdomen pain and vaginal pain while urination. I have consulted my gynecologist and took proper medicine. Now all reports are normal. She said only UTI but still my pain is not cured completely. Other doctor diagnosed it as PID. Is PID creat problem in my future for conceiving baby?

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

#

• Follow the instructions and antibiotics given by your doctor and have a scan done. So, that you will come to know the progress of the disease.
  • Do not worry much about it as you have been diagnosed earlier you will get treated and conceive soon.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

What are the symptoms of blocked fallopian tube?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has a painful menstrual cycle. Also before marriage, she took Femilon pills for six months for irregular menstrual cycle. We have been trying for a baby for around six months. My sperm analysis report is normal. Her HSG abdomen ultrasound is also normal. Is she having any serious...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain with heavy bleeding during or after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain and sometimes heavy bleeding during or after sex and I can only do certain positions where I can tolerate the pain. I have already been tested and I am negative for STDs. I also have really heavy periods to the point that I cannot wear tampons because they do not work. Wha...  Read Full »

I had miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy in the last six months. Is it endometriosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am recently trying to get pregnant and in the past six months, have had a miscarriage and an ectopic pregnancy. I am wondering if there is a chance I have endometriosis. I am wondering this because I have no other risks/causes that could have caused the ectopic. There is no chance I co...  Read Full »