Q. A part of my glans penis has become white after contact with a disinfectant. Kindly advice.

Dr. Subhash Kashyap
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2020

Following a test, my penis came in contact with a disinfectant, and I notice that part of my glans penis has become white. I did a urethrogram. Kindly advise.

#

I went through the photo you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can see a raw area with a whitish mucous membrane around it. I hope it is not burning or having any pain or itching. As I can see, you went through a procedure called the urethrogram. The most common reason for this is that you are allergic to the dye or disinfectant used in the procedure. The second probability is that it has been damaged during the process, which can occur during instrumentation. I hope it helps.

Drug rash, or trauma.

Dye allergy, or instrumentation?

Tablet Loratadine once daily for five days.
Mometasone and Fusidic acid cream twice daily for five days .
Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily before meal for three days.

Do not wash with harsh soaps, and try to use mild soaps like Pears or Dove.
In future during such procedure tell you doctor about this history.

After five days if needed.

Thank you so much for your reply.

It is not itching or burning. I did the test a few days back. I think it is a reaction to the disinfectant used after the urethrogram since I pressed that specific area with a tissue paper to stop bleeding. I have not had any sexual encounters during the past three months. I have a Fusidic acid and Betamethasone cream readily available. Can I use the same?

#

Do not worry, follow the treatment, and no need for Loratadine as you have no itch. Rest do as advised, and it will heal. Tell your doctor next time if needed to use a similar chemical or dye.

|