Q. There is a small painlessbump underneath the shaft of penis. What it could be?

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya

A couple of weeks ago after masturbating, I felt a painless bump on the underside of my shaft, closer to the base, that was not there fifteen minutes before. Upon inspection, I saw the bump about the width of a pea. The bump also appeared to be under my skin, not on the outside like a sore. Also, the vertical area around the bump was bruised black and blue. It looked like the bruising ran up and down where the urethra would be. After the initial panic and googling of symptoms, I decided to sleep it off and see how it was in the morning. The next day the bruising was gone, but the bump was still there. It has been three weeks and the bump is still there, but it has shrunk a bit. Any ideas on what it could be? I do not think it is and STD, but in case it helps I had intercourse two weeks before and used protection.

#

It looks like you had a small blood clot which caused the lump and some of it tracked up to the skin to cause the bruising. This may have been due to excessive force during the act. Usually, the skin discoloration goes first. The lump may go away in a few days. Keep checking on the bump, consult a doctor if it persists or increases in size.

Penile fractures (rupture of the outer covering of two cylinders of the penis, just below the skin) can cause swelling and discoloration, however, these are quite severe and disfiguring. They can also cause problems in erection. Since you have not mentioned any other problems, we can assume it was a small local injury which is healing.

|