Q. Is it normal for the penis to fall on one side during erection?

Dr. Vaibhav
Published on Aug 22, 2019

I am sure I have suspensory ligament tear or injury. I have slight pain and discomfort. My erection falls to one side when lying on my back and it also points downward when standing up. I do not have any past medical history.

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

As you have written that you have no past history of any significant condition, so I am sure there is no history of injury or pelvis bone fracture. It is highly unlikely for anyone to have suspensory ligament injury without a pelvic bone fracture. Penile normal anatomy is not that it stands straight at 90 degrees it always will deviate to one side.

An injury which is common in the penis is penile fracture which happens during sexual intercourse but after that, there is no erection. Since you have an erection that is also not the possibility. As you have mentioned, you have a weak erection. To find the cause of it, further evaluation by means of blood test and sonography will be needed. But you should understand that erection strength and frequency decreases with age, erection which was present at the age of 20 will not be present at the age of 30. Still, if you are willing to undergo evaluation of the cause of erectile weakness you can let me know, I will tell you the required tests.

If you are still sure that your condition is related to a suspensory ligament injury, an artificial erection test followed by a physical examination will be needed. This test is done by a urologist at his clinic where a small injection is given at the base of the penis to cause an erection, then penile anatomy is examined to see for any deformity. MRI pelvis is also an option to see for injury and its severity.

Why do I have painful ridges on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my penis injured while having sex with my girlfriend. Now, I have what seems to be an inflamed rib or ridges on only one side of my penis. It hurts all day while walking or lifting too. I have a hard flaccid penis since this has happened. I have been taking anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

What is the reason for not ejaculating during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 but until recently have been very sexually active with my wife. I am in good health overall but have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. That usually has not interfered with my sex life. I have had a penile implant several years ago so getting an erection is not...  Read Full »