Penile Fracture

Penile erection falls to one side with pain and discomfort. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am sure I have suspensory ligament tear or injury. I have slight pain and discomfort. My erection falls to one side when lying on my back and it also points downward when standing up. I do not have any past medical history.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have written that you have no past history of any significant condition, so I am sure there is no history of injury or pelvis bone fracture. It is highly unlikely for anyone to have suspensory ligament injury without a pelvic bone fracture. Penile normal anatomy ...  Read Full »

Why do I have painful ridges on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my penis injured while having sex with my girlfriend. Now, I have what seems to be an inflamed rib or ridges on only one side of my penis. It hurts all day while walking or lifting too. I have a hard flaccid penis since this has happened. I have been taking anti-inflammatory...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I believe you have got thrombophlebitis of the superficial veins of penis. It is a self-limiting condition and usually resolves in a few weeks. All you need is supportive care with anti-inflamm...  Read Full »

Why is there a bruise at the base of the penis shaft with pain after intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night during intercourse, I started having a burning feeling at the base of my shaft, almost like a paper cut. I finished the fun like normal and pain subsided. Later that night, a few hours later, we did it again. It hurt a little but not bad. This morning when I woke up I had a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a fractured penis (tear in the hard lining of penis rods below the skin). It has to be confirmed by penile doppler and if present, has to be repaired by small surgery. If not repaired, it may lead to poor erections in the future. Avoid intercourse for a few ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to have a tunica albuginea rupture and be unaware of it?

Query: Hello doctor, If I were to strain or have a small superficial rupture to the tunica albuginea during erection, would I notice this in any way? Will there be any pain or bruising? I have read somewhere that the tunica has no pain nerves. That is why I wonder. There is no pain or abnormality noticed....  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, any rupture of tunica albuginea will cause pain as a minimum sign. It can also cause a bruising ecchymosis but, a pain is a must. Completely ruptured tunica causes a penile fracture. Repeated partial rupture leads to Peyronie's disease. To detect a partial ruptu...  Read Full »

I masturbate daily. Is it safe?

Query: Hello Doctor,  I masturbate daily.  Is it safe ? Will it cause any problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Velusamy M.p

Family Physician, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com    Masturbation is absolutely safe.    Other than giving pleasure it also helps in relieving stress.    It depends on the number of times you do it. The reason is that it should not become an addiction.    Once you are addicted, psychological intervention might b...  Read Full »