Q. After PPP removal, my penis head has become red. What to do?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
Published on Dec 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

I am 24 years old. Six months ago, I had PPP removal from my penis head (uncircumcised) with CO2 laser. Two months ago, my penis head started to become red and now, almost half of my penis head is red in color. I noticed that there is a lot of dryness. Though I do not have PPP, sometimes, it hurts a little after sex or masturbation if I do not use oil lubricants. I went to dermatologist visit here and she prescribed me to use Travocort cream twice daily for 10 days and then Canesten cream in the night for a month. I have done it and did not observe any change. It remains the same. I will attach the photos of my case here. Thank you doctor.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

Penile pearly papule is just a normal variant. It is not a disease, so no treatment is required for it. But, you got it removed by CO2 laser. Penis skin is very sensitive area and CO2 laser always gives redness of skin. Not only penile area, but even in the normal skin redness comes and persists for four to six months. In your condition, the best way of treatment is just wait and let the skin heal from inside.

Canesten cream (Clotrimazole) is an antifungal and it will not use here. Travocort (Isoconazole and Diflucortolone) has steroid, which you have used 10 days. But, it is a very mild steroid, so it may not subside redness. I suggest you Flutivate cream (Fluticasone) for 10 days over the red skin. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Avoid friction and use lubricant. Just wait for a month and the problem will subside itself. Actually, intense treatment is not required in your condition.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I will try to use Fluticasone for 10 days and wait for some time. I will let you know the results. Should I use this cream only once daily?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

#

• Yes, use this cream once at night for 10 to 12 days and let it heal itself. Do not apply various creams unnecessarily as it will irritate the skin.

I took Flonase for hay fever and had chest tightness. Can I continue taking it?

Query: Hello doctor,I started taking Flonase at night for hay fever and when I wake up in the morning I am having wheezing and my chest is tight. I do not want to stop taking it because it is so helpful for my allergy symptoms but I am really worried about this side-effect. Current medications are Cymbalta...  Read Full »

Judicious Use of Cosmetics in Daily Life

Article Overview: Use of cosmetics is very common in day-to-day life. So, basic knowledge about the ingredients and the types of reactions to those products are necessary to overcome any problem. Read Article

Cosmetologist

Cosmetics are largely used for beautifying or promoting attractiveness and altered appearance. But, these products are not intended to alter or interfere with normal physiology of human skin or body. Reactions to cosmetic ingredients is common nowadays, out of which contact dermatitis is very c...  Read Article

What to do if I accidently got Fluticasone spray in the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I think my Flonase (Fluticasone) nasal spray bottle was empty which is actually was and I have no idea what suddenly changed. I started pumping it which I usually have to do when it is empty before I reached my nostril, and a puff sprayed into my left eye. As I heard the sound, I imme...  Read Full »