Q. What can be done for the rash on penis which is paining after sex or masturbation?

Dr. Kakkar
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 19, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 28, 2019

I have a rash on my penis. I had a biopsy done and the doctor told me it showed nothing on it. It is just vibrant and red and can be painful after sex or masturbating.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

It could be psoriasis or lichen planus (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Does it itch?. Though you may use a moderately potent topical steroid like Fluticasone propionate or Triamcinolone acetonide for it but I suggest you to try Tacrolimus 0.1 % ointment, twice daily. It is non steroidal. Take care.

| 

It does not itch. It just gets very irritated with friction. Can lichen be cleared up?

Dr. Kakkar

#

Yes, Tacrolimus ointment should be useful. Do not use any more steroids because biopsy already shows signs of atrophy like telangiectasis and homogenization of dermis. Take care.

| 

Kindly comment on my psoriasis prescription.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from psoriasis in my palm. When I was 12 years old, I had this disease for the first time. After taking some medicines it disappeared. But, it used to come on and off. In the past one year, I have faced this problem quite often. In between, I had homeopathy. As it ca...  Read Full »

What does rashes on penis foreskin in an HIV positive mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am HIV positive. These days I am having rashes on my penis foreskin (it is bad sometimes). I am on ART. But, the foreskin infection these days scare me. My foreskin seems to be rough, reddish, broken sometimes and even I do not masturbate. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Does rashes on penis mean sexually transmitted disease?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I have been experiencing a minor rash on the crown of my penis. I have have been using antibacterial cream since then but it does not seem to recover. The rash occurred a month after I had an unprotected sex. No itch, no discharge, no pain while urinating or a...  Read Full »