Q. Are rashes on penis due to sexually transmitted disease?

Answered by Dr. Ashwini V Swamy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Penis Rashes or Std? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Are rashes on penis due to sexually transmitted disease?

For the past two months, I have been experiencing a minor rash on the crown of my penis. I have have been using antibacterial cream since then but it does not seem to recover. The rash occurred a month after I had an unprotected sex. No itch, no discharge, no pain while urinating or anything just a few rashes that do not seem to go away. Could this be a sign of STDs? No other symptoms are present. I also had an HIV test a month after I had sex and it was non-reactive but I have a very high cholesterol level. Could you please tell me what is going on? I use Brulidine cream (antiseptic and antibacterial cream).