Q. What could be the white lines near the teeth on the lower lip?

Dr. Bhargav R Gutha
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Jun 11, 2019

I have white lines near the teeth on the lower lip which appears and goes by their own. But sometimes it hurts.

Dr. Bhargav R Gutha

Community Medicine Orthodontist
#

It could be lichen planus. It does not go off on wiping. If it goes off on wiping, then it is candida. Your case does not support submucous fibrosis as there is no blanching. My provisional diagnosis is lichen planus.

History of smoking.

Biopsy.

Candida, leukoplakia, and submucous fibrosis.

Lichen planus.

Biopsy (nearest dental hospital) and follow-up with a specialist.

Nicotine patch to stop smoking.

I have white smelly discharge and blisters in private part. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem in my private part. Several months ago, I noticed that I am having a white smelly discharge. I only have one sexual partner and I fail to visit a doctor due to my busy schedule. And now after shaving, I had some blisters and it is painful. My groin is starting to...  Read Full »

Can chewing tobacco reduce mouth opening?

Query: Hi doctor, I can barely open my mouth up to three fingers space. Is it bad or normal? I have never noticed this before, only recently I happen to see this. I chew tobacco. Is that causing it? Is it serious?  Read Full »

What is the cut in the mouth of a patient with lichen planus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with oral lichen planus a year back and now I can feel a small cut like thing in mouth again. Can you help me up to diagnose if this is a normal cut or some other thing. I am 30 years old male.  Read Full »

Ask an Orthodontist Now