Q. During sexual activity suddenly I am losing erection. What to do?

Dr. Bharat Udey
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

During sexual activity with my wife, initially I am getting erection. But at the time of penetration, suddenly I am losing erection. I found sudden decrease in sexual interest too. What to do?

#

• This is a common problem that many men do come across while having coitus. This is called performance anxiety.
  • This happens due to excessive thoughts in mind related with sexual performance at the time of performing coitus. Due to these excessive worries, mind gets haywired manifesting the symptoms of anxiety.
  • Hence, always follow this advice while having sex. Keep your mind free from any kind of stress, go to bed with only love and intimate feelings.
  • Do not over-expect from yourself regarding extra-ordinary sexual performance.
  • Have a healthy foreplay before penetrative sex. Explore the hidden sexuality of yourself as well as your partner.
  • Healthy diet and regular exercise will also contribute to improvement.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Thank you so much for your valuable advice. Actually, I got married a week before. Initially, I penetrated twice but it last only around two minutes and then this problem started. I am not able to boost my confident now. I feel very guilty for this in front of my wife. Please advice.

#

• This is what I was discussing about in the previous query of yours. This is what we called performance anxiety.
  • This makes a vicious cycle, as it will lead to decreased sexual performance which will increase the stress and anxiety, which will further add up to the performance anxiety. Hence you need to break this cycle.
  • There is nothing to worry so much about your sexual performance. As you are newly married, give ample time to yourself and your spouse. Discuss among yourselves your likes and dislikes. Find out each other's sexual preferences, discuss actively about your issues.
  • You should be familiar with each other thoroughly. This will help in breaking the anxiety and will ultimately increase your sexual performance.

|