Performance Anxiety

Are Xanax and premature ejaculation related?

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is very common with statistically around 30% of men face, which is premature ejaculation. There is no erectile dysfunction. It is just that I discharge at an extremely swift pace, that is within 30 seconds to 2 minutes of sexual activity. I have tried all techniques like st...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Premature ejaculation is defined as ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation, before the patient desires and before or within one minute of penetration. Frequently, performance anxiety could be a cause of premature ejaculation. In that case, you can take deep breath...  Read Full »

Why do I have difficulty to have intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently got married and I knew my partner for long before marriage. My query is I am finding it hard to have intercourse. I am very active while doing foreplay, but when I am about to insert somehow I end up ejaculating outside. We as a couple are planning for pregnancy at the earli...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you seem to be suffering from erectile dysfunction (difficulty in sustaining erection) after marriage. The commonest cause of erectile dysfunction after marriage is performance anxiety. If you are worried about erection and your performance durin...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for quick ejaculation.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 48 year married male suffering from quick ejaculation. I do not have¬†diabetes or BP issue. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Premature ejaculation is defined as ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation, before the patient desires and before or within one minute of penetration. Frequently, performance anxiety could be a cause of premature ejaculation. In that case, you can take deep brea...  Read Full »

Can fear cause erection problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married 2 days before. My penis got erected while doing foreplay. However, after some time penis gets loosen and become small. So, could not penetrate my penis. Is there any issue in my health? Or is this due to first time fear? How to approach this? Please advice.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you got proper erection during foreplay and there is no history of difficulty in erection it was the result of performance anxiety. This generally occurs in first timers and especially in young age. I do not think you need to be concerned at this level as occasio...  Read Full »

While having sex, my semen leaks out early. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, Over a year we are trying for a baby. But, my wife is not getting pregnant. She underwent thyroid test also and the result was negative. I think the issue is with me. So what to do? While having sex my semen leaks out early and it does not stay for long. Do I need to take any medicine? P...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been trying for last one year and not conceived yet then a semen analysis is necessary, which should evaluate the sperm count and morphology. If the results are normal, then your wife can be further evaluated with an ultrasound pelvis and a hormonal prof...  Read Full »

What is the treatment available to cure premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from premature ejaculation problem. It happens under 15 seconds. Please advice the prescription or medicine to cure it. I am 27 years old.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is commonly associated with performance anxiety. With repeated practice of intercourse, it will be cured. If no improvement, then you can take help of psychiatrist or sexologist. Fluoxetine like drug can be prescribed in such case. Local topical Lignocaine jelly app...  Read Full »

How to maintain erection and overcome anxiety during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I am engaging in vaginal intercourse for the first time. I have tried a couple of times, but I get a bit too anxious and failed. I could not get a completely erect penis. One time I did not get any erection at all. I am sure I do not have an erectile disorder because I get a completel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that one can handle performance anxiety with the use of the right psychotherapeutic approach. In my own experience, around 70-80 % of individuals report dramatic improvement in erectio...  Read Full »

How to cure premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old married male. Since two years I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I tried to control it, but did not get better result. My wife is very much unsatisfied. How to cure this issue?  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Sharma

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you know that the first thing in medicine is establishing a diagnosis which is correct. So, I would like to ask you a few questions. Did you consult a psychiatrist before this consultation for your problem? Since when have you been married? Was this problem since marri...  Read Full »

Why am I losing the erection on penetration?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting morning erection and normal erection when I make love. But, I am losing the erection the moment I retract the foreskin to penetrate. I am able to watch porn and masturbate with ejaculation. My general masturbation technique is to rub the head along with the foreskin. What cou...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Apparently, this is the condition created as you are too conscious while making love. You have sustained erections otherwise as well as ejaculation. This means you have no organic problem related to erection or ejaculation. So, this needs to be sorted out by counseling f...  Read Full »

What medicine can treat my performance anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I am married for about six months. I seem to have performance anxiety during sexual intercourse. But I am fine with masturbating though. I have proper erections. But cannot stay erect during intercourse. I have no family problems. I have tried relaxing techniques and all, but no hope....  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Performance anxiety is quite common in newly married couples. If you are not getting relief with deep breathing and relaxation, you could try anti-anxiety pills. I would also recommend taking a tablet to help with erection for a few times until you get confident. ...  Read Full »