Performance Anxiety

Can anti-anxiety medication cause erectile dysfunction and decrease libido?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married last month. I am not able to maintain a strong erection that is needed for penetration. And, my libido is also low nowadays.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I request you to provide following information so the diagnosis can be made and suitable remedy can be offered. Have you experienced the same issues while masturbating or doing sex in the past? How did the problem start...  Read Full »

Please help me overcome my public speaking anxiety.

Query: “My job interview is at the end of month. I have public speaking anxiety. 120 mg of propranolol helps me to great extent whenever i use it, but still i feel uneasy anxious and sweaty. My dreams will come true if i passed it. What should i do.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation. You just need to relax. I am sure that you will do quite better in the interview. You must keep faith in you. Do not afraid of anyone. You must start preparing for your interview. if it is going to oral then practice it ...  Read Full »

What can cause erection problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I have experienced a problem in erection since last three months. I am a smoker. The testosterone level in my last routine medical checkup was 134. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem very well. But, before providing any adequate solution to your problem, it is necessary to understand your problem with specific details. Please provide the following information first. What is your age, marital status, frequency of sexual...  Read Full »

Is Pregabalin the right medicine for social and performance anxiety?

Query: Age: 30 Gender: Male Medications: Started Lyrica (pregabalin) yesterday 25mg (moving to 50mg tomorrow). Issues: Generalized Anxiety (Social and Performance anxiety). Query: Did my GP prescribe the right meds? I mainly suffer with social and performance anxiety (talking to people, talking in groups, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, yes pregabalin is an SNRI class of medicine. You have tried ssri and tcas. Snris do help in anxiety disorders. Per se, pregabalin isn't the best ssri for anxiety as such. It's more useful for neuropathic pain at doses of 75 mg or so. For anxiety it should be around 100 or 150mg. If this does...  Read Full »

Will Tentex royal help in maintaining erection for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I am married for the last six years. Before getting married, there was an incident where I had a sexual encounter with a girl. However, during this, I had erectile dysfunction. So after about one year, I got married to my long term friend. In the initial three...  Read Full »

Dr. A Chakravarthy

Andrologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your query, I could infer that you had difficulty in getting and maintaining an erection with the new girl only. You were able to have frequent and normal sex with your wife before the encounter with the above said girl. It means that the cause for erectile dy...  Read Full »

Are Xanax and premature ejaculation related?

Query: Hello doctor, My problem is very common with statistically around 30% of men face, which is premature ejaculation. There is no erectile dysfunction. It is just that I discharge at an extremely swift pace, that is within 30 seconds to 2 minutes of sexual activity. I have tried all techniques like st...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Premature ejaculation is defined as ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation, before the patient desires and before or within one minute of penetration. Frequently, performance anxiety could be a cause of premature ejaculation. In that case, you can take deep breath...  Read Full »

Why do I have difficulty to have intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently got married and I knew my partner for long before marriage. My query is I am finding it hard to have intercourse. I am very active while doing foreplay, but when I am about to insert somehow I end up ejaculating outside. We as a couple are planning for pregnancy at the earli...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you seem to be suffering from erectile dysfunction (difficulty in sustaining erection) after marriage. The commonest cause of erectile dysfunction after marriage is performance anxiety. If you are worried about erection and your performance durin...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for quick ejaculation.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 48 year married male suffering from quick ejaculation. I do not have diabetes or BP issue. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Premature ejaculation is defined as ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation, before the patient desires and before or within one minute of penetration. Frequently, performance anxiety could be a cause of premature ejaculation. In that case, you can take deep brea...  Read Full »

Can fear cause erection problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married 2 days before. My penis got erected while doing foreplay. However, after some time penis gets loosen and become small. So, could not penetrate my penis. Is there any issue in my health? Or is this due to first time fear? How to approach this? Please advice.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you got proper erection during foreplay and there is no history of difficulty in erection it was the result of performance anxiety. This generally occurs in first timers and especially in young age. I do not think you need to be concerned at this level as occasio...  Read Full »

While having sex, my semen leaks out early. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, Over a year we are trying for a baby. But, my wife is not getting pregnant. She underwent thyroid test also and the result was negative. I think the issue is with me. So what to do? While having sex my semen leaks out early and it does not stay for long. Do I need to take any medicine? P...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been trying for last one year and not conceived yet then a semen analysis is necessary, which should evaluate the sperm count and morphology. If the results are normal, then your wife can be further evaluated with an ultrasound pelvis and a hormonal prof...  Read Full »