Q. How to soothe my jaw and throat pain?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2020

I have a lump on the back side of lower gums. It is only on the left side. It is causing ridiculous amounts of pain when chewing and swallowing. It is causing discomfort down the side of my jaw and throat. Also, I have some swelling on that side. I have an appointment with my dentist. But, I just wanted your help on what it could be. Also, how to soothe it till my appointment?

#

• This happens due to the pocket formed at the corner of the mouth where liquid and food debris get seep into the erupting site and causing inflammation and pain.
  • The pain is felt in the jaw, ear and below the jaw where you can palpate swollen lymph nodes.
  • You should use warm salt water for gargling thrice daily and some painkillers till you visit your dentist.
  • Either he will remove the wisdom tooth or will suggest a minor flap removal surgery according to your condition. I cannot say the exact treatment without seeing a picture of the area.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|