Q. What can be done to manage discomfort caused due to wisdom tooth eruption?

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Published on Feb 21, 2019

I am getting wisdom teeth at the back of my mouth. Now I am 22. But I am teething and it feels uncomfortable. What to do to get relief from it?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

Wisdom tooth eruption will occur periodically. You will feel pain and pressure in months. For relief, you may take tablet Brufen 400 mg twice a day for three days. Put oral gel Clinica (Chlorhexidine with Metronidazole) three to four times a day for a week in that particular area. And lastly that is most important, do saline water mouthrinses three times a day for two weeks. It will relieve the soreness of gum areas. Take a 1/4th teaspoon of salt in a cup of lukewarm water and do its rinses.

Why are there pain and gum bleeding with wisdom tooth eruption?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a wisdom tooth coming out and my gums are swollen and I am suffering from the pain. When I brush and floss, it bleeds. What is this?  Read Full »

Is the baby chewing on his tongue due to teething?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 months old and started chewing on his tongue. Is this due to teething?  Read Full »

Homeopathy for Dentition in Children

Article Overview: In this article, I will be discussing the role of homeopathy during the dentition or teething process in a child. Read Article

Dr. Sheetal Kamble
Homeopathic Physician

The first appearance of teeth varies from one baby to another. Most babies develop the first tooth between six to 12 months of age. Some babies may not have any teeth by 1 year of age which is completely normal. Usually, babies put their fingers and hands in their mouth at around three to four month...  Read Article