Periodontal Abscess

Is this a tooth abscess or root canal?

Query: Hello doctor,Is this a tooth abscess or root canal may be?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and based on that, I would say that your wisdom tooth has caries (cavity) that seems to be deep. Secondly, it has not erupted (come out) completely into the oral cavity and the gu...  Read Full »

How to treat a swollen gum present in my back tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an issue with gum disease. There is a swollen gum present on my back tooth. It hurts when I touch it. It is not seen in front of my tooth. It is present inside my mouth. I have pain in the left jaw. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like a periodontal abscess (infection of the gums and tissues surrounding the teeth). As you have braces (molar band specifically), it can also cause it. Another possibility is ging...  Read Full »

Why am I getting on and off painless abscess in gum?

Query: Hello doctor, For over four months now, on my upper, outer gum, I have had an abscess. It comes and goes but never completely vanishes. It does not hurt at all. My tooth or molar looks fine. I would not even know it was there if my younger did not scrape over it. Occasionally it has a small pussy ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreekesh Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a periodontal abscess. For treating a periodontal abscess, the abscess will be drained and the periodontal pocket will be cleaned. The surfaces of the root of the tooth will then be smoothed out by scaling and planing below the gum line. This helps the toot...  Read Full »

Does redness along the gums indicate any gum disease?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 49-year-old female, weighing 79 kg with a height of 165 cm. I have gum disease and I am attending the dentist every three months for a clean in the hope of stabilizing my gums. My gums can appear red and I have noticed redness adjacent to my missing back tooth. I have redness alo...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel the gum disease has caused a periodontal abscess. It is an infection with a collection of pus around gum tissues. You need to show to a dentist and get it treated. I feel along with periodontal therapy, the dentist may also prescribe some antibiotics to you...  Read Full »