Q. I am pregnant with periodontitis and loose front teeth. What are the treatment options?

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

I have seen a dentist recently who said that I have periodontitis. The dentist could not do an x-ray as I am 17 weeks pregnant. The lower jaw front two teeth are lose and I am very anxious whether I will loose the teeth. What treatment options do I have to fix the loose teeth?

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentistry Naturopathy Orthodontist
#

As per your description, you are having periodontitis, and you are pregnant. It is the inflammation of the periodontal ligament. It should be treated because it may affect the health status.

Ofcourse for any kind of second opinion one has to check it clinically or at least have an image of concern area. (you have not uploaded any videos or image of concern area). I would like to tell that it is advisable to do only non surgical procedure during pregnancy if they are needed.

During pregnancy, hormonal level also varies so it may also be the reason for your gingivitis. You can read about pregnancy-associated gingivitis or periodontitis.

Regarding your lower teeth that are moving, one has to check how much mobility is there and also the bone condition of teeth is important. If grade one mobility is there then you do not have to worry and it will recover, again one has to check clinically.

Precautions that you should take are brushing twice daily, gargling after every meal.

| 
1 out of 1 likes