Q. I have periodontitis. Will antibiotics help?

Dr. Ummah Mohammad
Published on Oct 05, 2019

I have history of periodontitis. It runs in my family. I fixed my top teeth (two bridges of crowns), but not my bottom teeth yet. Last few days it got worse as I have one very wobbly tooth and pain all around my jaw bone. I think it got infected. Can antibiotics help?

#

I suggest you go for full mouth scaling and root planing. After that, follow these:

Maintain good oral hygiene, proper cleaning of mouth after every meal and soft massage with fingers. Warm water and salt rinse 5 to 6 times daily. Do not allow food lodgement. Antibiotic, if you wish you can go for Doxycycline 200 mg for one day followed by 100 mg for 14 days. But I would suggest you go for scaling and root planning first of all because infection should be removed.

Follow up after three days.

How to treat my front tooth that is loose and crooked?

Query: Hi doctor, My front tooth is going to fall out. It is very crooked and loose for about four to five years. Then, I started to have anxiety, and I am grinding my teeth bad. It got looser and looser for the past couple of years. Now, I have deep, sharp pains in my gums on that side. It hurts me a lot...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have mild inflammation in the gums. Your front teeth are not organized in the arch. Please send a front view of your anterior teeth. You need a clinical examination followed by a de...  Read Full

I have an upper jaw pain and cannot close my mouth. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,From my left front tooth, all the way to the back of my teeth on top hurt. I cannot close my mouth and it feels like the pain is going up into the bone under my nose. What could that possibly be?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it seems to me that you have an apical periodontitis. If you have any cavity related to this area, the tenderness is because of it. Or you must have malocclusion, meaning there is more pressure on these teeth. You need to visit a dentist who will...  Read Full

Please give a solution for an infected tooth.

Query: Hi doctor, My right tooth is infected. I have done a filling in the tooth before two years. Now, the infection has spread to the roots. I am unable to use the right side because of this problem. Please tell me the solution.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you are suffering from apical periodontitis, as the infection has spread to the roots. The problem is due to pulp exposure. So you can take medication for at least three to five days. Take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) tw...  Read Full