Periodontitis

Can antibiotics help to treat periodontitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have history of periodontitis. It runs in my family. I fixed my top teeth (two bridges of crowns), but not my bottom teeth yet. Last few days it got worse as I have one very wobbly tooth and pain all around my jaw bone. I think it got infected. Can antibiotics help?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you go for full mouth scaling and root planing. After that, follow these: Maintain good oral hygiene, proper cleaning of mouth after every meal and soft massage with fingers. Warm water and salt rinse 5 to 6 times daily. Do not allow food lodgement. Antibioti...  Read Full »

What can be done for gum pain in a pregnant woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 8 weeks pregnant and got bad gum ache on one tooth. It is really stressing me out. Can a dentist do anything to get rid of the pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.If it is just one tooth and there is no associated caries means that is periodontal. So what I suggest is single tooth scaling and root planning will not take much of your sitting time. I think you can go for single tooth scaling but make sure that you go to an experienc...  Read Full »

Why is bone exposed in my gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from a swollen, bleeding and receding gums. I tried Corsodyl mouthwash, but I want more advice. I am dreading going to the dentist. I really do not want to lose my tooth. The top bone area is currently exposed. I really need help, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sore, swollen and receding gums with bleeding seem to be most probably due to an active gum infection that is causing a loss of attachment from the gum and underlying bone, making the teeth loose. This condition is called periodontitis. Using only a mouth wash will not...  Read Full »

After getting my teeth cleaned, why do I still have inflammation?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a teeth cleaning done, but the inflammation is still there. The dentist said that I need to get treated for a receding gum line through surgery. She said it was due to brushing hard and asked me to switch to a soft bristle toothbrush and sensodyne toothpaste. I am also awaiting ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use warm saline gargling daily at least 2 or 3 times, for two weeks. This will help in reducing the inflammation and help in preventing further recession of gum line. Also if you can get Betadine gargle for rinsing then it would be much better, this would be of grea...  Read Full »

My teeth are weak, mobile and lost four already. How to manage the condition?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, and my teeth are weak. Till date, I have lost three molars and one premolar. I am using caps on that place. Now, I have a slight movement on my central incisor. Please suggest me a treatment or medicine to prevent myself from the early loss of a tooth.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It looks like a condition called chronic periodontitis, in case if you do not have a decayed tooth. For that, you need to take medication like Ofloxacin 200 mg twice daily for a week, tablet Metronidazole 400 mg three times daily for a wee...  Read Full »

What non-surgical treatment can be done for periodontitis?

Query: Hi doctor, About three months ago, I was diagnosed with periodontitis. I am facing swelling of gums, gum bleeding and pus from gums. I would like to know available treatment options and can it be treated without any surgery. I am 26 years old. I am taking Vitamin C tablets.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two treatment options for periodontitis. First includes deep scaling and medications. Periodically scaling will be done of each quadrant of the jaw in two weeks and meanwhile, you should take following medications, capsule Doxycycline 100 mg one time a day for...  Read Full »

Is this a tooth abscess or root canal?

Query: Hello doctor,Is this a tooth abscess or root canal may be?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I have seen the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and based on that, I would say that your wisdom tooth has caries (cavity) that seems to be deep. Secondly, it has not erupted (come out) completely into the oral cavity and the gu...  Read Full »

What is the reason for having bad breath?

Query: Hi doctor, I have removed all the four wisdom tooth before nine years. I had a safe and successful operation. After removing my wisdom tooth, I started to have bad breath. Before the removal of wisdom tooth, I do not have this problem. Currently, I floss daily, and I brush my teeth twice a day. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are maintaining your oral hygiene well. Having bad breath after extraction or surgery is quite common due to an open socket. But it generally disappears after a few days. There are other possibilities also. The first cause can be periodontitis. It is the inflammatio...  Read Full »

Will periodontal disease get cured if I get treatment for decayed tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have periodontal disease and I do not know what had caused it. I do brush daily, floss and mouth wash. I even had those pink pill that showed if you brushed wrong and the results were perfect every time. So I am wondering what caused it. I do have a dead tooth. So I am wondering if ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. As per your history, signs, and, symptoms, it looks like you are having chronic generalized periodontitis. I want to know if you have any loose tooth or teeth, any systemic disease like diabetes, etc. If ...  Read Full »

Would braces close wide gap between front teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a wide gap between front teeth that was due to short upper and lower frenulums, which were removed nine years back. I also treated for periodontal disease as a result of these gaps. Now I have recessions (pockets), exposed root of that front tooth and also it is deviated. Do I n...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get root canal treatment for the upper and lower central teeth then placement of a fixed partial denture (FPD ceramic crowns) on them to close the space. This will give a permanent solution to your problem. It will give you a much better esthetic solution. Kin...  Read Full »