Peripheral Neuropathy

Does a positive Romberg test indicate MS?

Query: Hello doctor,My GP referred me to a neurology due to positive Romberg, equivocal Babinski and an intention tremor, which is getting worse. I have been having severe tingling in my legs for months. Recently, the pain in my legs is terrible at night, and my right eye goes blurry with heat. Are you aw...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Positive Romberg test suggests a possibility of sensory ataxia and associated with tingling in legs. It can be due to peripheral nerves or spinal cord (posterior column). I would like to know if there is a family history of a similar problem in your blood relatives, in t...  Read Full »

I am feeling burning in my whole body, especially in ribs and sometimes shoulders. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling burning in my whole body, especially in ribs and sometimes shoulders. Why?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The burning pain is usually due to nerve irritation by neuropathy. The cause for peripheral neuropathy could be due to diabetes, cervical spinal problem, etc. You need to investigate with random blood sugar estimation an X-ray of the cervical spine. I suggest you...  Read Full »

What causes a burning sensation in the right thigh near groin?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a low grade burning sensation in the upper thigh on the right side, near the groin. I have the same burning sensation in the left arm, below the shoulder to forearm. I have heaviness in my legs with a sharp pain in the feet. It got started after taking Ativan. This burning is pret...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are related to anxiety or peripheral neuropathy. I have reviewed all your tests, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and they are perfectly normal. You have vitamin B12 level in a higher range, and it is not a problem. Coming to this point, I ...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness in my hands and feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have numbness in my hands and feet for the past two years. It is worsening gradually. The last month, it has got significantly aggravated. The numbness starts with tingling. When I am trying to grab something, I am unable to grab it. I also suffer from worsening cognitive function as I...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have vitamin B12 deficiency. Your symptoms are related to peripheral neuropathy. It is caused due to vitamin B12 deficiency. It is necessary to perform some tests to know the possible cause. You have to investigate vitamin D levels and vitamin B12 plasma levels for ...  Read Full »

What can cause on and off tingling in arms and legs?

Query: Hi doctor, About two and a half months ago, I was at work with one leg tucked under the other in a computer chair. When I got up to use the restroom, I noticed tingling in my lower leg and developed drop foot as a result. My first visit was to a podiatrist and he suggested me to visit a neurologist....  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your complaints and first of all I should compliment you for having patiently written a thorough history of events. Let us analyze your problems You have tingling in all four limbs and weakness in all four limbs. That is upper limbs and lower limbs on both ...  Read Full »

Can you look at my MRI and explain the reason for burning pain in feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had a problem with my feet now for four years. About four years ago, I had some burning pain in feet. I cannot stand for more than 15 minutes or the pain gets very bad. Four years ago, I also had really bad pain in my legs after standing all day. That has diminished and now I stil...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you have had this pain for the past four years. From what you have written, I find that you have problem with feet for four years, burning pain on the bottom of feet and you cannot stand for more than 15 minutes. Your MRI report (attachment removed to p...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain in my leg?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 59 year old female. I underwent radical mastectomy before one and a half years and undergoing regular checkups for every six months. Recently I had pain in the right leg, from the knee to ankle region. I got an entire medical checkup done. They showed high TSH levels and also high...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the reports posted (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Many of the reports posted were normal, so to make it easy for you I will comment on each of abnormal ones and what to be done for them. Urine routine showing 10-15 white blood...  Read Full »

What test should I do to know the reason for tingling sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering with tingling and needling sensation in my feet from the last one and a half year. It may be peripheral neuropathy. If it so, then what is the treatment for it? Which tests should I undergo to diagnose the reason? I had 10 vitamin B12 injections before two months. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms and your question. It may be peripheral neuropathy. I would like to know your age and whether you have diabetes. If you have any back pain radiating to the legs, then it can be a spinal problem. I suppose you do not have back pain. The second p...  Read Full »

What is the chance of multiple sclerosis in pars planitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had burning sensations on my skin since 14 years. I am also very much sensitive to touch, which feels like my entire body is bruised all over. It is so hard to explain, but that is the best way I can put it into words. I feel inflamed all over at times. I had a brain MRI before ...  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question with care and understand your concerns. Let me explain some basics. Multiple sclerosis is found only in around 10% to 15% of people with pars planitis (eye inflammatory disease). It means that if 10 people have pars planitis then one of them will ...  Read Full »

I have severe pain in my fingertips and toes. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had chronic bloating, indigestion, stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea for over a month. During that same time, I developed frequent shortness of breath and palpitations with exertion upon waking and after eating. Also, during the same time, I began having severe pain in my fing...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: The serum protein and creatinine levels are a bit high possibly due to increased protein intake or associated dehydration in recent times. Monocytes are mildly elevated and BUN (blood urea nitrogen) levels are in the u...  Read Full »