Q. I have tingling sensation in my right hand, arm, neck and face. Please help.

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 10, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2020

I have tingling in my right hand, right arm, neck and around the face, pressure in stomach until I burp. Tingling stays there until my heart fluttered and then it went away momentarily.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from tingling in right hand, right arm, in the neck and around the face, and pressure in stomach.

Such clinical features may develop from poor blood circulation due to DM (diabetes mellitus), blood clots, arteriosclerosis, peripheral artery disease, peripheral neuropathy due to vitamin B12 deficiency, hormonal disbalance, thoracic outlet syndrome, cervical canal stenosis, heart attack, pinched nerve, etc.

Treatment depends on causes. You should undergo some investigations like CBC (complete blood count) with ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), an x-ray of the cervical spine, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the cervical spine, RBS (random blood sugar), B12 assay, ECG (electrocardiography), Echo, CT (computed tomography) scan or MRI of the brain, etc., to detect the underlying causes for your present sufferings and then treat them accordingly.

Should I get done all the tests?

#

The clinical features that have already been mentioned, may result from various reasons. For that, I have advised some investigations that will help to find out the exact cause for your present sufferings. You can undergo ECG, x-ray of cervical spine, and MRI of brain. You should monitor your blood pressure.

Again acid reflux may cause such type of clinical symptoms. You can take Naproxen, Baclofen, syrup Gaviscon and vitamin B12 supplements that may help to subside your sufferings.

|