Q. How to get rid of pubic lice?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

I am facing problem of pubic lice. Please provide effective cream and lotion for it. Thank you.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

We are here to help you.

• Best treatment for pubic lice (crab louse) is to apply Permethrin lotion (Nix) to be applied over the affected area for overnight and to wash it the next morning. Continue the same for seven days.

Revert back after seven days to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Is Permethrin lotion available easily in market? Or do I need to get it through prescription?

#

• It is available at any good medical store in the name of Perlice. You can get it very easily.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|