Q. Can you suggest the best medicine for itching?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

I am having a tough time with my skin infection. It is being around two months since I got affected by that. I am having the hives of dark reddish in color in specific areas like on the penis point and on the buttock. It is so itchy and the whole body is getting so itchy like on hands and legs too. There developed some red spots. Can you provide me the best cure? Till now, some dermatologist suggested HH Mite ointment and I forgot the name of the other tablet. He said to apply that ointment for the whole body from neck to legs. I did, but no improvement. Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

• HH Mite cream (Permethrin) is for scabies.
  • Can you please send me the photograph of the lesion?

Revert back with the photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have attached my photos for your reference.

#

Clinically it is scabies. Wash all the clothes in hot water at once.

Use Pernil lotion (Permethrin), as you you used HH Mite cream already. The lotion has to be reapplied after seven days.

I also suggest tablet Ivermectin 12 mg once on the day of application and then repeat after seven days.

Tablet Teczin (Levocetirizine) 10 mg once at night daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with consent.

The itching may take upto 15 days to subside if you have followed the instructions clearly.

Revert back after 15 days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Thank you very much and I will inform you after this course of medication.

#

Sure. Take care.

Revert for further help to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I followed your prescription and itching got controlled for two to three days. Thereafter, again itching got severe. I applied Pernil lotion twice with a week gap. Now again itching started to hurt me. Can you please give me the proper cure for this? Thank you.

#

Most of the patients does not follow the instructions of washing clothes and treating all members of family or roommates together.

Kindly understand that it is due to a mite which can easily reinfect if all mites and their eggs have not been taken care of properly. All family members whether having symptoms or not, needed to apply Permethrin otherwise mite and egg can be transmitted through them or through fomites, that is clothes. I hope you are getting it. Have you done it in exactly the same ways as it was informed?

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I have done it in the same way and I washed my clothes in hot water too. I t is good for 3 days after applying, it but it again started itching.

#

Usually itching may take 2 to 3 weeks to subside. If not controlled then there is either compliance problem or the diagnosis itself is in doubt. Please consult good local dermatologist for complete physical examination as it is now needed to rule out the other differential diagnosis.

For further doubts consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full »

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »

Can I give two doses of Albendazole to my 1.5-month-old baby in a short interval?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 1 year 5 month old now. He was treated with Albid suspension for worm before two months. Again he has same symptoms of worm infection now. What can I do? Is it safe to give him Albid or other medicine for worm within short interval of two months? Please suggest.  Read Full »