Q. Cough due to asthma becomes persistent. Is this a symptom of COVID-19?

Dr. Zubayeralam
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 21, 2020

I am 36 years old. I would like to consult regarding my cough. It begins last Tuesday when I started coughing and vomiting due to asthma. Is it normal to have a cough until now? Also, I have a migraine at that time. How to rule out COVID symptoms? Please help.

Dr. Zubayeralam

General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from cough with vomiting and headache and your query is whether you are suffering from COVID-19 or not now?

Classical COVID-19 patient is presenting firstly with fever and dry cough. Then after few days cough becomes intractable and develops to pneumonia and eventually becomes dead. COVID-19 firstly attacks the respiratory system and then gradually other systems of the human body.

You can undergo investigations like antigen or antibody test or PCR test for COVID-19. Your cough may develop from asthma or any other reasons except COVID-19. Without getting results from your investigation reports, we cannot tell whether you are infected by COVID-19 or not.

In case of any other query knock me and I will try to reply you further.

|