Q. I fell on the floor and the x-ray of my foot shows dislocation in phalanx. Is that normal?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have fallen on the floor from about 130 cm high and hit my foot, however, one of my toes has swollen and it hurts so much, So I had an x-ray for my feet and the doctor said it was fine, but what I see on the x-ray photo seems to be a dislocation in a phalanx. Is that normal? Can you have a look at the x-ray?

#

I have seen the x-ray. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I must agree that the second toe proximal joint does look dislocated. It is, however, difficult to confirm this without having a true AP (anteroposterior) view and true lateral view.

Also, what is the toe looking like is bruised, swollen and deformed? What about the fact, do you have pain over the toe? Can you move this like the second toe on the opposite foot? If you say that there is a pain, reduced movements and swollen, then, you will need to repeat the x-ray and if it is dislocated, it needs to be reduced urgently and will need buddy strapping. I hope this helps.

|