Q. I have severe foot pain. Kindly review my X-ray.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Foot pain started 18 months ago after running. It has persisted, but the severity of pain depends on how active I am. Most recently, the pain has become more severe. Please review my X-ray.

#

Please send me the full X-ray which you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to see the whole joint, like of talocalcaneal joint.

I have attached the file.

#

As you have asked in your query that you are worried about X-rays, then I must tell you that is a normal thing (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are osteophytes (bony growth that develops on the edge of a bone, sometimes causing symptoms) which are quite normal at your age. Now, as far as your pain is concerned, I can only help you if you can mark the exact site of pain on your foot and send me the picture of your foot.

I have attached the file which shows where my pain is.

#

Well, you have marked on X-rays, but that is not useful (attachment removed to protect identity). Your last picture was useful, and please remove x-rays from your mind. Seeing your site of pain, I can make out that you have posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD). This is usual at your age, and basically, treatment is intrinsic foot exercises. Also, take ultrasonic therapy over there. Use medial arch support in shoes.

|