Q. I have severe foot pain. Kindly review my X-ray.

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Foot pain started 18 months ago after running. It has persisted, but the severity of pain depends on how active I am. Most recently, the pain has become more severe. Please review my X-ray.

#

Please send me the full X-ray which you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to see the whole joint, like of talocalcaneal joint.

I have attached the file.

#

As you have asked in your query that you are worried about X-rays, then I must tell you that is a normal thing (attachment removed to protect patient identity). These are osteophytes (bony growth that develops on the edge of a bone, sometimes causing symptoms) which are quite normal at your age. Now, as far as your pain is concerned, I can only help you if you can mark the exact site of pain on your foot and send me the picture of your foot.

I have attached the file which shows where my pain is.

#

Well, you have marked on X-rays, but that is not useful (attachment removed to protect identity). Your last picture was useful, and please remove x-rays from your mind. Seeing your site of pain, I can make out that you have posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (PTTD). This is usual at your age, and basically, treatment is intrinsic foot exercises. Also, take ultrasonic therapy over there. Use medial arch support in shoes.

| 

Why has my foot injury not healed post accident?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an accident five months ago and had an injury on my left foot. Since then until now, it is not fully healed. Please see the photos of the injury attached and please tell if it is normal or is there something that went wrong.  Read Full »

Can you explain the MRI findings, which I took for my foot pain?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three years, I have severe foot pain. The doctor told me it is because of plantar fasciitis. I took four Cortisone injections, and I wear special boots, but I did not get any relief. So, I took an MRI, and I am attaching my MRI reports with this query. What do the results...  Read Full »

Can I take Mobizox for foot pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother, who is 36 years old, has a lot of pain in the ball of right foot. It is like a sharp pain both on the foot as well as in the toes. He is overweight with 98 kg and he is of height 5 feet 7 inches. He is taking NAC 75 painkiller. But, the pain comes back once he stops eat...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»

Ask a Radiotherapist Now