Q. I took medicines for granular pharyngitis, but my throat still hurts sometimes. Why?

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 06, 2021

Four weeks back, my mouth got dry, and I felt pain in my throat. Being a teacher, I have throat ache sometimes. I visited an ENT, and he diagnosed tonsilar hypertrophy, and there are granules on my tongue. The medicines prescribed are Pan 40 (Protonix) before meals, Mucaine gel syrup (Oxethazaine) three times a day, and Montair LC (Singulair). He suggested that I have some allergy as he checked my nose, where there is mild DNS. After taking medicines for seven days, I feel better, but sometimes I have pain in the throat. I cannot see any swelling or lump. But I am a bit curious to know what it is?

#

As per your history, you are suffering from allergic pharyngitis. Pharyngitis is an inflammation of the back of the throat. Some of the common causes of pharyngitis include allergens, laryngopharyngeal reflux, a bacterial infection. The cause of pharyngitis in your case seems to be allergens. As you are having pain in the throat occasionally, you have to take the following precautions. Avoid foods or cold water, hot and spicy foods, cold and dust as they can initiate your symptoms. Sleep after two to three hours after every meal. Take steam inhalation.

|