Q. I took medicines for granular pharyngitis, but my throat still hurts sometimes. Why?

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 19, 2020

Hii,

Four weeks back, my mouth got dry and I felt pain in my throat.being a teacher,i feel throatache sometimes.I visited an ENT and he diagnosed tonsilar hypertrophy grade 1.there is ppw granulaes on my tongue.He presceibed medicines for it-pan 40 or mutli rab before meals, mucaine gel syrup 3 times a day and montair lc.he suggested that I jave some allergy too.as he checked my nose where mild DNS is there.Afger taking medicines for 7 days,i feel a bit better.but sometimes pain in throat. I cant see any swelling or lump.but Im bit curious to know what it is?

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Welcome to icliniq,

As per your history you are suffering from allergic pharyngitis. Tonsillar Hypertrophy grade 1 is normal you don't have to worry.

Pharyngitis are inflammation of the back of throat. Some of the common causes of the pharyngitis includes : allergens, Laryngopharyngeal reflux, bacterial infection. Cause of pharyngitis in your case seems to be allergens. As your are having pain in throat occasionally, you have to take following precaution:

1)Avoid foods or cold water that seems to initiate your symptoms.

2)Avoid cold and dust as it can initiate your symptoms.

3)As gastritis can aggravate your condition, avoid hot and spicy foods.

4)Sleep after 2-3 hours of your meals.

5)Take steam inhalation

Hope this will help you Thank you

|