Q. Why am I having pharynx dryness for the past five months?

Dr. Sanjeev Davey

I am 33 years old, 180 cm, 83 kg. I am suffering from non-stop pharynx dryness (right behind the tongue) for past five months. I am drinking a lot of water, doing salt gargle, took GERD medication for one month, been tested for Sjögren syndrome. Nothing helped. I have noticed that air coming from AC, ventilator or wind increase the problem. I have also been ill already five times this year (pharyngitis with or without fever, up to 40°C) and I think it is related to my throat weakness. The doctors have no idea and I do not know what to do, at least to relieve my symptoms. I have tried a lot of OTC medicines such as Propolis spray, capsules, etc., but nothing helps.

#

You probably have allergic chronic pharyngitis with air sensitivity.

Allergy.

Hb, TLC (total leucocyte count), DLC (differential leucocyte count), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), allergy test.

Chronic pharyngitis.

Allergic pharyngitis.

So you may do the following things:
1.First Avoid AC air directly as far as possible.
2.Take Antiallergic medication at night for five days.
3.Use Chlorhexidine gargle twice a day with one teaspoon to be diluted in one glass of slightly warm water.
4.Avoid smoking and drinking at least for three months.

Avoid smoking cigarettes and alcohol intake.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I also forgot to mention that I have been given Desloratadine once a day for three weeks now, but it does not seem to help. Does it mean I have no allergy? I have already done some blood tests you can find below.

#

But symptoms point towards that. I think that the use of Chlorhexidine gargle will help you surely.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Is this what you mean by Chlorhexidine gargle?

#

Yes, it is Chlorhexidine gluconate solution (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

For more information consult an ENT otolarygologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I will give it a try. In how many days should I see the improvement?

#

It will take probably a week.

It is written that the usual treatment time is seven days. If symptoms persist beyond five days, the need for further treatment should be assessed by the physician or dentist. Is it true?

Why do I feel like something is stuck in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor,I feel as if there is something stuck or moving in my throat around the back of the mouth to the Adam's apple. It has been bothering me for a few days. There is no pain associated with it, just the feeling as if something is moving up and down my throat. It goes down if I swallow, and ...  Read Full »

I have something stuck in my throat. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have acidity and I feel like something is stuck in my throat and have inflammation.  Read Full »

What causes continuous eye allergy and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»