Q. Why am I having pharynx dryness for the past five months?

Dr. Sanjeev Davey

I am 33 years old, 180 cm, 83 kg. I am suffering from non-stop pharynx dryness (right behind the tongue) for past five months. I am drinking a lot of water, doing salt gargle, took GERD medication for one month, been tested for Sjögren syndrome. Nothing helped. I have noticed that air coming from AC, ventilator or wind increase the problem. I have also been ill already five times this year (pharyngitis with or without fever, up to 40°C) and I think it is related to my throat weakness. The doctors have no idea and I do not know what to do, at least to relieve my symptoms. I have tried a lot of OTC medicines such as Propolis spray, capsules, etc., but nothing helps.

#

You probably have allergic chronic pharyngitis with air sensitivity.

Allergy.

Hb, TLC (total leucocyte count), DLC (differential leucocyte count), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), allergy test.

Chronic pharyngitis.

Allergic pharyngitis.

So you may do the following things:
1.First Avoid AC air directly as far as possible.
2.Take Antiallergic medication at night for five days.
3.Use Chlorhexidine gargle twice a day with one teaspoon to be diluted in one glass of slightly warm water.
4.Avoid smoking and drinking at least for three months.

Avoid smoking cigarettes and alcohol intake.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I also forgot to mention that I have been given Desloratadine once a day for three weeks now, but it does not seem to help. Does it mean I have no allergy? I have already done some blood tests you can find below.

#

But symptoms point towards that. I think that the use of Chlorhexidine gargle will help you surely.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Is this what you mean by Chlorhexidine gargle?

#

Yes, it is Chlorhexidine gluconate solution (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

For more information consult an ENT otolarygologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

I will give it a try. In how many days should I see the improvement?

#

It will take probably a week.

It is written that the usual treatment time is seven days. If symptoms persist beyond five days, the need for further treatment should be assessed by the physician or dentist. Is it true?

#

Yes, it is true.

|