Pharynx Examination

Do I need surgery to remove a nasopharyngeal cyst of size 10 mm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. I did a CT scanning recently and has found a cyst of size 10 mm in my nasopharynx. There are no symptoms. I have been asked to get this removed. Do I need surgery to remove the cyst? How dangerous is the surgery, and how many days would I need to take off wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Thornwalds cysts are benign lesions of the nasopharynx and are usually asymptomatic. If the diagnosis is made already, then there are two treatment options as follows;1) You can wait and watch. And get an endoscopy repeated every six months or wait till you get significant ...  Read Full »

I noticed tiny white lumps on the back of the throat. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27 year old female. Yesterday, I noticed little white lumps at the back of my throat. The one behind the palatopharyngeal arch is red, and another one on the back of my throat, on each side, which is red in color with little white things on them. What is it? I do not know how lo...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here in your case, a step-wise approach should be considered. According to the history provided, you have red swelling on posterior pharynx with white dots over that. Hence, it could be a tonsillar enlargement or posterior pharynx mucosa swelling or a mass. It can be...  Read Full »

What medicines to take for granular pharyngitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have granular pharyngitis for 60 days. Please help me.   Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the sent picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have chronic pharyngitis. The pointed-out red spot indicates a lymphoid follicle and it has increased in size. There is nothing to be worried and it is treatable. You can ...  Read Full »

Why am I spitting phlegm with some red blood?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Recently, I got an endoscopy. The report shows that I have erosive gastropathy. I have been using medicines for one month. Now, for a few days, while spitting phlegm a small amount of light red blood comes out from my mouth. I also have some throat and chest pain. But, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is bleeding in the stomach due to erosive gastritis, then it would be in the form of vomiting and brown or chocolate in color. Any bleeding in the stomach cannot be bright red in color with small quantity. As mentioned in your report (attachment removed to protec...  Read Full »

In spite of taking antibiotics, I still have a throat infection. What do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor,For a throat infection, I took Azax 500 for three days, one tablet a day. Although there is an improvement, there is still a throat pain. Should I repeat the dose?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send me pictures of your throat, so that I can suggest you better. Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »