Q. What are the white floating layers in my urine?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya
Published on Apr 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

I have white floating layers in my urine as you will see in the attached picture. What are these? I have symptoms such as frequent urination and burning sensation either during or after urination. Please help.

#

• The white floating things in urine are usually phosphate crystals which often precipitate on keeping urine in a container or when urine is more acidic.
  • Taking lots of water and citrus juices (lemon or orange) will clear up the urine.
  • These white things can also be due to urine infection.
  • Getting a simple urinalysis will help. If there is infection, then you may need to take a course of antibiotics as advised by your doctor.
  • Take plenty of fluids. Take care.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full »