Q. Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.

#

• First get a complete urine examination done along with urine culture. Keep a good perineal hygiene.
  • You may use some vaginal wash. I suggest you antibiotic like Levofloxacin along with tablet Darilong (Darifenacin) once a day to treat urine infection and control urine. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  • Also, do pelvic floor exercises and try to hold urine by contracting your pelvic muscles.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|