Q. Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• First get a complete urine examination done along with urine culture. Keep a good perineal hygiene.
  • You may use some vaginal wash. I suggest you antibiotic like Levofloxacin along with tablet Darilong (Darifenacin) once a day to treat urine infection and control urine. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  • Also, do pelvic floor exercises and try to hold urine by contracting your pelvic muscles.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I have increased urgency to urinate. Do you think this is OAB?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male, a third-year medical student. For the past seven days, I have had an increased urgency and frequency to urinate. I can go even more than 30 times a day - majority of these times, I feel an increased urgency. However, when I go, only a small amount ...  Read Full »

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full »