Q. Will using diaper cause urine infection and fever?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Published on Feb 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

My baby is 11 months old. She is having on and off fever for a week. Her doctor prescribed antibiotic along with Paracetamol syrup. But, she does not like to have antibiotics. So, I only gave her Paracetamol. Is it because of that her fever is still not going? She had ear pain last week. But, now the doctor says that everything is fine with her ear. I make her wear a diaper when I put her sleep. Will using diaper cause urinary infection and fever? She drinks only a little water but urinates about 10 to 15 times a day. She is currently on Fepanil 250 mg 2.5 mL during fever, Erox CV 2 mL twice a day for five days and Oxycure P nasal drops. She is 9 kg now.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

• Fever is defined as the temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the body. You have to measure with a thermometer to say so. Merely touching the forehead of the child and finding it warm does not mean it is a fever. Children's foreheads are warm always.
  • Most of the time fever even if present in children is due to viral infection. So, it is fine that you have not given an antibiotic.
  • Children may pass urine and stool 10 to 15 times a day, and it is normal.
  • Using diapers may cause urinary tract infection, specifically in females if the fecal matter and urine in the diaper are left unattended for a long time.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

My 7 year old daughter has repeated urine infections. How to clear it out?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 7 years has a urine infection. We have done a urine culture as well as regular analysis and found that there is an infection. She has this problem from a long time. She has a bad habit of holding her urine for a long time until she can hold it no more.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what age did she started having UTI (urinary tract infection)? How often does she get UTI? Does she have a fever now? How is the general condition? Once this episode resolves, she needs an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters, and bladder) with PVR (po...  Read Full

What can I apply to my body to decrease sweating and look fresh?

Query: Hello doctor, I am sweating too much I guess. I am not sure if it is because of the heat here but I sweat. Pleae sugget me something which I can apply to my body. So it does not sweat much and I look fresh and I do not smell.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely because of weather only and body sweats in order to keep body temperature down. So naturally if you try to stay in cold environment as much as possible this will automatically reduce. However, for reducing perspiration, you should ask for Aluminum chlori...  Read Full

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full >>

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.First get a complete urine examination done along with urine culture. Keep a good perineal hygiene.You may use some vaginal wash. I suggest you antibiotic like Levofloxacin along with tablet Darilong (Darifenacin) once a day to treat urine infection and control urine. Cons...  Read Full