Q. I had piles with blood in stool, and now there is a lump outside my anus. Please suggest medication.

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 05, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I am having a piles problem. I had blood in my stool for about one month, and now a lump is felt outside of my anus. I need some medication. Please suggest.

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I have gone through your issue. It does not confirm that you have piles but, it could be most probably piles. Is it painful when it bleeds or not painful? Is the blood coated on stools or does it drip down, or blood mixed with stools and mucus? Do you have constipation or hard to pass stools? Was there bleeding after an episode of constipation or passage of hard stools? Is the lump outside the anus painful? Have you been previously diagnosed with piles?

The best thing to do is get it examined by a gastroenterologist to confirm the diagnosis. I would suggest you some laxative for some time if you do not have loose stools. It could help to heal.

Syrup Looz (Lactulose solution) 30 ml at night before bedtime for two weeks and Anovate cream (anti-haemorrhoidal cream with Beclomethasone Dipropionate) for local application twice a day for ten days. I would advise you to consult a gastroenterologist at the earliest to have it assessed properly.

| 

What are the causes of constipation and blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I had diarrhea two years back, and since then I had gastrointestinal problems. But, I never had mucous or blood in the stools, so I thought it is because of IBS and did not take any medication. My stool test reports showed no signs of parasites or any other organisms in the stools. Lat...  Read Full »

Why there is recurrence in piles even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 50 years old and had piles for six years. It turned severe, with heavy bleeding and pain. We did surgery to cure it. Now two months completed still, she is having the piles problem with bleeding and pain whenever she uses her restroom and also has pain on urination. Please ...  Read Full »