Q. I had piles with blood in stool, and now there is a lump outside my anus. Please suggest medication.

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz
Published on Nov 05, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

I am having a piles problem. I had blood in my stool for about one month, and now a lump is felt outside of my anus. I need some medication. Please suggest.

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Medical Gastroenterology
#

I have gone through your issue. It does not confirm that you have piles but, it could be most probably piles. Is it painful when it bleeds or not painful? Is the blood coated on stools or does it drip down, or blood mixed with stools and mucus? Do you have constipation or hard to pass stools? Was there bleeding after an episode of constipation or passage of hard stools? Is the lump outside the anus painful? Have you been previously diagnosed with piles?

The best thing to do is get it examined by a gastroenterologist to confirm the diagnosis. I would suggest you some laxative for some time if you do not have loose stools. It could help to heal.

Syrup Looz (Lactulose solution) 30 ml at night before bedtime for two weeks and Anovate cream (anti-haemorrhoidal cream with Beclomethasone Dipropionate) for local application twice a day for ten days. I would advise you to consult a gastroenterologist at the earliest to have it assessed properly.

What are the causes of constipation and blood in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I had diarrhea two years back, and since then I had gastrointestinal problems. But, I never had mucous or blood in the stools, so I thought it is because of IBS and did not take any medication. My stool test reports showed no signs of parasites or any other organisms in the stools. Lat...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arvind Guru
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks a lot for the detailed description of your problem. I think you have the following issues. The blood in stools that you are describing appears to originate from some disease in your rectum or sigmoid part of your large intestine. Few drops of painless blood in sto...  Read Full

Why there is recurrence in piles even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 50 years old and had piles for six years. It turned severe, with heavy bleeding and pain. We did surgery to cure it. Now two months completed still, she is having the piles problem with bleeding and pain whenever she uses her restroom and also has pain on urination. Please ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For piles, the first and most important thing is to avoid constipation and spicy meal. Take a high fiber diet. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day. Take Isabgol (psyllium) powder three tablespoons with milk twice a day. Take Dobesil (Calcium Dobisi...  Read Full

What is the reason for stomach pain and blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, For several years my father is suffering from stomach pain. His problem includes blood in stool and pain in left side abdomen area. He has taken ayurveda, homeopathy as well as allopathy medicines, but nothing has benefitted. We did test like endoscopy, but some doctors said it is due to ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Nageswara Rao
Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your symptoms, there is a possibility of: Colitis, which may be due to inflammatory (inflammatory bowel disease) or infections. Diverticulitis. Malignancy has to be ruled out. Piles (hemorrhoids) may be there. Stool examination for microscopy and ...  Read Full