Q. Can piles cause severe pain while passing stools?

Dr. Hariharan V
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Sep 01, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

I have been having serious pain when going to the toilet but the pain lasts for anything up to 8 hours after. I sometimes have blood on the toilet paper as well. I have been to the doctor before and even took myself to the hospital and after a small rectal exam every time they tell me it is a pile or hemorroid.

I am convinced it is not because this has been going on for three years now. How can something so natural cause me so much pain? It even gets to the point where it wakes me up at night in agony depending on when I last had a bowel movement. My actual bum hole is worrying me as well. It started off as a little tear (fissure), now I have got a big tear with what looks like a skin tag hanging off it as doctors in the past have said. It cannot be a skin tag as if you look properly it is actually part of my bum hole as there is a part missing.

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Nutritionist
#

I feel very saddened of your symptoms. I have seen many patients with this problem, which causes unbearable pain and anxiety to them. You may be having either anal fissure or piles, but the treatment is almost similar.

1. Eat lot of vegetables and whole grains. Fiber will heal the problems quickly.

2. Eat a different fruit every day. Avoid spicy and oily foods.

3. Never forcefully defecate. This will increase the tear or hemorrhoid. Use your stool softener twice a day.

4. You can take an ayurvedic drug for a long time basis for complete healing like Pilex tablet twice a day for 3 to 4 months.

5. Take Calcium Dobesilate tablets at night for a month.

6. Buy Calcium Dobesilate containing hemorrhoidal cream. It has an applicator (a cone with hole in both ends), insert it into anus and press the tube morning and night.

7. Is your blood pressure under control? Sometimes increased blood pressure may also cause hemorrhoid or fissure.

By doing this you can see your pain and other symptoms slowly relieved in two to three months. If the problem increases, please opt for surgery. It will give you faster recovery.

How to get rid of anal pain caused by hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 years old. Her weight is 128 kg and height is 5 feet 3 inches. She has got a constipation problem since last 5 years and she takes Smuth for this. Since last four days, she has been getting severe pain between vagina and anus and that area is swollen. Also, her anus openi...  Read Full »

I am suffering from piles and infection around the anus. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from piles from nearly about a year. Suddenly yesterday, I felt pain around my anus, and I had 101 F fever. I saw that there is an infection around my anus.  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines for piles and blood in stools.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having blood in stools and I have piles. I also have pain in passing the stools. Can you suggest some medicine?  Read Full »