Bumps On Penis

Conditions causing bumps on the penis include pearly penile papules, ingrown hair, Fordyce spots, pimples, cysts, lymphoceles, angiokeratomas, and rash and blisters due to lichen planus. They can also be due to sexually transmitted infections like genital herpes, warts due to the human papillomavirus, syphilis, and molluscum contagiosum. Rarely does penis cancer manifests with such bumps.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What are the red and itchy bumps present on the tip of the penis?

Query: Hello doctor,There are red and itchy tiny bumps all over the tip of the penis and inside the foreskin. What could it be? About three weeks ago, I had the same problem, which disappeared on its own, in about three days.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I think you have balanoposthitis. It is mostly due to candidal fungal infection. This is not contagious, and it is not a serious issue. I suggest you try the following:Lulifin (Luliconazole) cream, once daily at bedtime for four consecutive weeks.Hydrocortisone cream, unt...  Read Full »

I have white bumps on my penis. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I saw these white fluid (bumps) on edge. Is it regular and temporary, or should I be concerned about it? Also, there are some fluids (small bumps), same as skin color below those white. I have attached pictures of the same. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. From the pictures attached (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), the white node raised along the edge is pearly penile papules, and those beneath are ectopic sebaceous glands. Both conditions are harmless and seen in a lo...  Read Full »

How to cure the bumps or rashes on my penis that are itchy?

Query: Hi doctor, There are rashes or bumps on my penis, and I am scared to go to the emergency room. The bumps are red, itchy, and look like lumps. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your attached pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). I would like to know the answers to the following questions: 1) Is there any history of sexual exposure? 2) How did it start initially? We can have a few differential d...  Read Full »

Kindly help me figure out the reason for the on and off episodes of bumps on my penis.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had small bumps on my penis for the last six months. The bumps are on and off in appearance. They are not painful. I consulted a doctor to see if it was HSV, and the doctor said I was negative for HSV infection. Kindly help me to figure out what it is. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.1) Is there any excess scratching or rubbing of the lesion?2) Do you maintain your genital hygiene?3) Are you sexually active?4) Had unprotected sex in the last three months?5) Have you tested for syphilis and HSV (herpes simplex virus)?6) Do you have any burning, itchin...  Read Full »

I have a rice-sized thing inside my foreskin, which suddenly got bigger. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, So for my entire life, I have had this rice-sized thing inside my foreskin. It never caused any problems, never hurt or anything. Then suddenly, it just got bigger to the size of a bean and hurts to the touch. It does not hurt when I pee or anything, just to the touch, because it is in m...  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It has got puss. It may be due to Impetigo. Take Capsule Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg twice daily in the morning and evening. Tablet Combiflam (Ibuprofen (400mg) and Paracetamol (325mg)) twice daily for five days. Apply T-Bact (Mupirocin...  Read Full »

Can the small bumps on my penis without any symptoms be genital warts?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed two small bumps on my penis shaft. I do not have any other symptoms. Are these bumps genital warts? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bn Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the pictures that you have attached (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). I am not very sure to diagnose it as warts in your case. Generally, genital warts could appear as small bumps with the same color as surrounding s...  Read Full »

Could my penile bump be a wart if I had unprotected sex with two sexual partners?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed a bump on my penis today. I am trying to determine if it is related to STD. I did not have any past episodes of such penile bumps. I masturbate four times a week, and I had unprotected sex with two sexual partners last year. Could it be a wart? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. N Ashok Viswanath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I acknowledge your query and the images attached with this query (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). The images do not look like a human papillomavirus wart or any other sexually transmitted infection. It seems like a benign self-limi...  Read Full »

Are my penile bumps and whole body itching related to scabies?

Query: Hello doctor, I have small bumps on my penis. And I started feeling itchy all over my body. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It looks like scabies, which is caused by a mite Sarcoptes scabei. It is characterized by lesions between fingers, genitals, and elsewhere with more itching during the night. It can spread by contact and clothes. ...  Read Full »

How to treat my penile blisters with severe itching in my shaft after aggressive intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, We had aggressive anal intercourse two days ago, and since yesterday I have been having severe itching in my shaft. I noticed some blisters today on my penis. These blisters are itchy, shining, and leaking clear fluid on popping. Kindly help.   Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you apply Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid) twice daily at the lesion for ten days and take tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg once daily for five days. Kindly avoid scratching and rubbing of the lesions, vigorous sex. Kindly answer me the fol...  Read Full »

I have small red and white painless spots on my foreskin. What is the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a personal question regarding my foreskin. There are small round red and white painless spots there, and it does not cause any pain whatsoever. I wanted to know is it something I should be worried about?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send clear photos of lesions and details for clarification. Please send the following details. How long are you having these spots? Is there any intercourse history? If yes, then please give your partner's history. Do you have symptoms like pain, itching, etc.? Do...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.