Q. Do you have any suggestion to stop pimples and heal scars?

Dr. Rabia
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 04, 2019

I have been experiencing pimple breakouts for about a year now I had no problems prior to, the pimples are on my cheeks and my forehead occasionally around my chin and jaw. They are very large have caused a considerable amount of scaring all over my face. I have tried using cleansers for oily skin and frequently use a face scrub and activated charcoal mask. Do you have any suggestions to stop the pimples from appearing and also heal my scaring?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

Kindly follow this prescription,

1.Tablet Azithromycin 250 mg bd for the first three days then on alternate day for three weeks.

2. Apply Clindamycin lotion over leisons bd.

3. Apply Tretinoin gel plus cold cream at night on the whole face in small quantity.

4. Apply scar care gel bd over scars.

Use good sunblock of SPF 60 evenly and frequently from morning till evening.

It has been one month since I started using the treatment. My acne has cleared out over the past week. The acne was still present for the first three weeks of treatment clearing up and becoming widely spread again after one night. The Clindamycin lotion and sunscreen seemed to have been of most help, but the scar gel seemed to make me break out more. I still have acne scars, but they are not as prominent anymore.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

The complete course for acne treatment is for three to six months depending upon treatment response. You have to continue oral antibiotics that are oral Azithromycin and rest of treatment as such. If you feel scar gel is responsible for more pimples, you can leave it. But not the rest of the treatment.

1. Continue oral Azithromycin 250 mg bd on alternate days.

2. Topical Clindamycin lotion bd over pimples.

3. Topical Tretinoin gel plus cold cream at night.

4. And sunblock. Drink a lot of clean water.

I found pimples on my private parts. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send good quality photographs taken under natural light for further knowledge of your problem.Revert back with photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars

Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy. Read Article

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc...  Read Article

Why do I have pimples on the back of my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.  Read Full >>

Dr. Honey Arora
Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bumps are enlarged circumvallate papillae, which can be due to a number of causes like oral infections, acid reflux, throat infections, or a post nasal drip. Halitosis or bad breath can occur due to poor oral hygiene, oral and dental infections, post nasal drip, ...  Read Full