Q. Do you have any suggestion to stop pimples and heal scars?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Oct 04, 2019

I have been experiencing pimple breakouts for about a year now I had no problems prior to, the pimples are on my cheeks and my forehead occasionally around my chin and jaw. They are very large have caused a considerable amount of scaring all over my face. I have tried using cleansers for oily skin and frequently use a face scrub and activated charcoal mask. Do you have any suggestions to stop the pimples from appearing and also heal my scaring?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

Kindly follow this prescription,

1.Tablet Azithromycin 250 mg bd for the first three days then on alternate day for three weeks.

2. Apply Clindamycin lotion over leisons bd.

3. Apply Tretinoin gel plus cold cream at night on the whole face in small quantity.

4. Apply scar care gel bd over scars.

Use good sunblock of SPF 60 evenly and frequently from morning till evening.

| 

It has been one month since I started using the treatment. My acne has cleared out over the past week. The acne was still present for the first three weeks of treatment clearing up and becoming widely spread again after one night. The Clindamycin lotion and sunscreen seemed to have been of most help, but the scar gel seemed to make me break out more. I still have acne scars, but they are not as prominent anymore.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

The complete course for acne treatment is for three to six months depending upon treatment response. You have to continue oral antibiotics that are oral Azithromycin and rest of treatment as such. If you feel scar gel is responsible for more pimples, you can leave it. But not the rest of the treatment.

1. Continue oral Azithromycin 250 mg bd on alternate days.

2. Topical Clindamycin lotion bd over pimples.

3. Topical Tretinoin gel plus cold cream at night.

4. And sunblock. Drink a lot of clean water.

| 

Laser Treatment for Pimples and Pimple Scars

Article Overview: This article will discuss laser treatment for resistant acne, which does not respond to topical therapy. Read Article

Phototherapy, which includes both UVA, UVB and blue-red light is known to have beneficial effects on acne or pimples. Some of the lasers have also been found to be effective in reducing active acne. Active acne means an acne which is red or has pus. The laser is also useful in improving acne sc...  Read Article

Will a curling iron leave a burn scar?

Query: Hello doctor,I burned myself with a curling iron. It did not appear bad at first but a scab is forming. Will the burn leave a scar?  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for pimples on the private parts?

Query: Hi doctor, I found pimples on my private parts yesterday. But, I do not feel any irritation. Please help.  Read Full »