Q. I have a yellowish bump in the conjunctiva and redness around it. What do you suggest?

Dr. Sankaran Mathangee

There is a yellowish bump on the conjunctiva, near my cornea in the left eye. After waking, both eyes are red, especially around the bump. Also, it seems that in both my eyes, towards the nose a brown margin emerges from the limbus. What treatment do you recommend for that?

#

From the information provided, it looks like a pinguecula (occurs most commonly in people working in the sun, or in dry, hot weather conditions). It is harmless and sometimes can be inflamed leading to pain and redness (rarely occurs).

I would suggest you use lubricant eye drops (it would soothe the eyes).

If you still feel it should be removed for aesthetic purposes, then you can consult an ophthalmologist and it can be done as a minor procedure.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|